Ads

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

"Two are better than one..."

I've discovered friendship works like a see saw. I saw a couple of kids the other day enjoying the warmer weather we had by playing on a see saw.


I noticed that when one kid was enjoying being up high the other one was the counter-weight and had to be down on the ground, then the one down low would spring his legs and go up and the other kid would go down.

Friendship is like that - sometimes we self-disclose and the other one listens, other times we're the listener and the other party to the friendship is the one doing the talking.

Vulnerability is the fulcrum or balance point that let's someone ride to the top. Two friends who are not being vulnerable is like taking a board and laying it flat on the ground and saying here - play with this board. It doesn't do anything!

One final thing I want to mention about being a good friend is that to be a good close friends you've got to be LOYAL. True friends are most noticeable during tough times.

When we are hurting, broke, accused, or alone--this is when we notice real friends. They are the ones who don't just talk about us, but to us.

They are the ones who show up on our doorsteps with sleeves rolled up ready to help. So if you want to be a good friend be a stayer. Friends don't give up on friends.

I still remember the times when we had our very first outing. We met up at the Orchard MRT Station and then proceeded to watch The Hannibal at Shaw Tower. Eight turned up but it was the most memorable time I had.

I could still remember how we were seated in the cinema and who screamed and who covered their eyes in fear. These eight people were those few who I am close with in time to come till now; Derrick, Rahila, Devi, Constance, Eric, Chow Weng, and Taufik.

And then I organized the first chalet for the class. Yes, you figured that I was always the one organizing and initiating stuffs. We had it at Pasir Ris at Aloha Loyang. It was somewhat far and situated at a isolated area but nearly everyone turned up.

I was happy, happy that my effort was not gone to waste.

We spent the nights playing UNO and whoever loses had to forfeit. Nobody really slept during the first night. We bonded. And by the end of the whole chalet thing, we got to know one another more better.

And there were the other chalets I organized for the class which were as equally good.

Those were the times to remember.

Signing Off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment