Ads

Friday, July 9, 2004

My Godbrother, Amal (I Miss You)



We were both mix races of malay and chinese and we shared alot of things in common. We both realized that we like collecting tribal chokers and you promised me to make a pair of tribal choker to symbolise our brotherhood. You haven't made one for me yet and I will still be waiting for that very day.



You are a very charasmatic and intelligent person. You are independent and strong-willed too. Instantly, I knew a person like you would attract alot of people. You give out a strong magical aura within you that brings people closer to you, wanting them to know you better.



You're just someone special, someone that always brightens up my day.



I still remembered the first time we met was at Tiong Bahru Plaza and the very first show we watched together was a mandarin movie, 'So Close'. And then we sat next to a small fountain where we chatted and tried to get to know one another better. We even indulged in each other's secrets.



But it was getting late and I had to leave. I got curfew back then and I can't even stay out late. Before we left, you decided that we should have a brother hand shake. There were too many steps to the hand shake; it was difficult to memorize, so I gave up. But you wanted us to do the handshake each time we meet.



I tried but I failed. I was a slow learner. Sorry brother.



And you wanted to teach me dancing but I refused; it's not really my forte. I was afraid that I might messed up my dance steps and make a mockery of myself. You told me it was easy but I doubted. And then I thought you were disappointed or angry at me but you were not.



We've done so many things together; playing arcade at Queensway Shopping Center, surveying shoes, watching movies etc. You even sent me home to my block, to the lift. And when the lift door closed, I began to miss you. It was like the other half of me was gone. But those were the happy days for me.



I went to your house to use your scanner as mine broke down. I was glad that I had met your mother and younger siblings. And then you showed me a couple of videos of you taking part in a dancing competition. I was elated when you told me you'd won.



When I had no confidence in passing my math, you encouraged me to do well even though both of us knew that I was hopeless in my math subject. When I got my results back and it turned out to be a bad one, you comforted me and told me not to give up.



We were getting along pretty well until one day, we suddenly lost contact of one another. Till now, I have no idea what happened. It happened too fast; I was sad. I shed tears the night after, lost and confused. Have I lost you?



My heart ached badly.



I miss your voice which always spoke so softly in my ear letting me know you cared about my day. I miss your laughter so quick and unbridled. It warmed the center of my heart.I miss your thoughts that were freely shared at the end of our day.



Your name comes to my mind bringing, visions of yellow roses and white vases and the long talks on the phone. The friendship that would never end for the both of us.



I miss you when something really good happens because you're the first one I want to share it with.I miss you when something is troubling me, because you're the one who understands me so well.



I miss you when I laugh and when I cry, because you're the one who makes the laughter grow and the tears disappear. I miss you when I can't hear your voice, because it always brings a smile to my face and makes my heart skip a beat. I miss you when you're so far away, because you make me feel as if I'm not alone in this great big world.



I'M MISSING YOU!!! (A LOT)







Thanks big brother for being there for me always.



I hope wherever you are and whatever you do, you will always be happy and content. I will always be happy for you big brother. If you've come across this message, please give me a call. But for now I shall let fate decides.



With Love,

Your Adik,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment