Ads

Sunday, July 4, 2004

Fishing...



Yesterday, I had to wake up at 8 in the morning; promised to meet D at 9 but unfortunately, D was late! How exacerbating! Anyway, we had our breakfast at the prata shop once again near Silat Avenue.



The pratas there are scrumptious. You will be ordering for one or two more after you've tasted the first. The shop somehow is not air-conditioned, so you will be sweating all over! Oh who cares about air-conditioning if the pratas are delicious. But if you're the health-concious kind of person, don't dine there, because the pratas are oily. =)



We left the premises at 1030hrs, and hailed for a cab. Lazy us but we weren't. We wanted to arrive there early so that we can get plenty of catch. But before that we went to Hougang Green to buy shrimps at Shop & Save and a string and fishing rod at the aquarium shop.



We intended to buy the fishing rod that's worth 14 dollars but the shop owner recommended us the 19 dollars fishing rod.



Shop Owner: Buy this one... Very good. Catch fish sure get one.



So we nodded in agreements and decided to buy the 19 dollars fishing rod. at first we tried to bargain for the shop owner to sell it to us at 16 dollars but the shop owner was persistent of selling it to us at 18 dollars.



D and I intended to split the cost so I forked out 10 dollars while D forked out 7 dollars. Unfortunately, D only had 6 dollars and 75 cents.



Panicked. What should we do?



D: Rizal, do you have an additional 25 cents with you?



I shook my head. I've only 10 dollars left with me and I've used it to buy the fishing rod. My wallet was empty.



1 minute had passed.



Shop Owner: Ok lah. I sell it at 16 dollars.



Me: Thank you Auntie. Auntie, I always come to this shop to buy fishing equipment you know?



Shop Owner: Yes I know.



Me: Next time I buy more stuff from your shop ok? *Smiles*



And we left. Suddenly D took out 2 10 dollar notes from D's pocket. What the? I thought he was cashless, just like me.



Oh now I get. How smart D was to make believe to me and the auntie that D was cashless.



Yet again, we intended to take a cab to Punggol End as we were unable to find the FREAKING bus number 82. We were clueless where the bus-stop was. We got the cab and the fare was 6 dollars. Our cash was depleting! Later no money for dinner! Oh no!



In the cab, I was annoyed. D's mobile phone kept beeping. I wonder who the sender was. And then it beeped again. I asked and D said it was multimedia messaging. Hmmm...



Yet again it beeped again. I reached out and took D's mobile.



XXX: Good afternoon SAYANG. What are you doing now?



Jealousy engulfed me. Anger clouded my vision. But I kept silent, not intending to erupt or show any signs that I was jealous and furious. We reached our destination and alighted at the bus interchange.



I had kept quiet all the while when we were walking and D found that that something was amissed. D knew that it was because of the message that D had received earlier. I remained compose.



D explained that D knew the sender way before me and that the sender would message D fortnightly. I accepted D explanation and all ended well.



However, why did D not tell me that someone had messaged him, instead D just kept quiet and thought that everything would resolved. D explained that D didn't want me to be jealous or misunderstood D.



But if that was the case, then I shall not tell D whoever messaged me since D said so.



Each time, I received a message from anyone that I've known from IRC, I would basically inform D without fail. But just that one mesage D received, D tried to hide it from me. It seemed unfair.



At that point of time, I really wanted to call the sender and tick him off. DAMN IT!



Anyway, were arrived at the spot that we wanted and prepared our fishing gear.



We were ready to fish! Woohoo.



It was yet another scorching day. I was dehydrated and felt giddy for a moment. D told me to take a rest and drink plenty of water.



But minutes later, I was back to fish again! Haha.



D caught the first fish and we place in a plastic box and we proceeded to catch another. Suddenly, I just have a hunch that the fish D caught was gone. Feeling uneasy, I went back and realized that the FISH was really gone.



We had forgotten to place the cover and we assume that the fish might have jumped out from the plastic box. DARN! But it was perfectly alright with us. There's still plenty of time to catch more fish.



I cursed the weather for being so hot!



And then the sky grew darker. Ops! Lightning and thunder raged the skies above. We knew we had to stop immediately. It was too dangerous for us to continue. The waves were huge.



I sat behind a rock and leaned myself on the brick wall, watching D approaching toward my direction.



Suddenly, lightning striked again, and zapped a tree that was not that far from us, followed by the thunder. D shouted madly, 'Ahhhhhhhhhh'. It was so loud that people at the other end looked at D.



*Embarrassed*



D sat next to me. We waited for the sky to be clear again but then it poured down heavily. We had to look for shelter.



We were drenched but before the rain got much heavier, we had found a shelter for ourselves at the bus-stop.



The bus-stop was packed with fishermen. They, however, brought along fishing rods that I thought might cost more than ours. We were ashamed to let the see our rod. We bought it for a mere 16 dollars. Haha.



Actually, we bought the fishing rod which was meant for the kids to play but hey, it really looks like the real one. So stop laughing. And furthermore, we caught 3 fishes with our rod.



Time ticked by and the heavy rain subsided.



We were about to leave when I heard one of the fishermen said, 'Look at their rod, so simple, I don't think they caught any fish with it.'



What the FARK!



I turned and stared at them.



'It must be a 'kiddy rod,' the other said.



How could they be so malicious. I felt insulted. I wanted to get back at them but NO! I remained calm.



So what if they have rods better than us. From what I saw, they had not caught any fishes yet but we already have three. And I mean BIG ONES.



You see - it's not the quality that matters. It's how you fish and finding strategic locations where all the fishes are. So don't ever belittle our rod.



If I had the chance I would hook their dicks as my bait! The blood, the pain! Hah!



We went back to the same spot and tried our luck again. It was low tide by then! But however, we didn't caught any.



I gave up and decided to join D at he waterbreaker. I had to climb the rocks with my fishing rod on my other hand so it was pretty hard for me to balance.



And tragedy befalled on me. I stepped on a slippery rock and whoosh....



I fell sideways, my left leg caught in between the rocks. Boom!



D turned and saw me lying helplessly. D couldn't help me as D was far away from me. I got up and the excruciating pain that had been inflicted on me. One of my toe nails cracked, a slight cut at my left leg and my right hand was bruised. But nothing serious.



Oh my, I was so ashame for myself. How could I fell down. Luckily, I didn't hit my head if not...



It was getting dark so we decided to make a move.



I had an enjoyable day!



Signing off,

Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment