Ads

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Fishing At Punggol End



Three days back...



It was definitely the most scorching day - the sun was blazing hot; beads of perspiration trickled down my forehead. DARN weather! But still, regardless of that, nothing, and I would repeat again, NOTHING would get in my way of FISHING!



But of course if it's a storm, I wouldn't want myself to get killed. I still have not accomplished certain things in life. OH screw me! Let's get back to the initial topic - Fishing at Punggol End.



I was elated that I was going there with someone special. Let's name that someone special, D. D, of course have a passion for fishing, like me. I couldn't be more excited.



We reach there at 2 and I swore that the weather had never been worst. I bought a few hooks at Hougang Green, big hooks to be precise. And I realised that I should get the smaller ones. DAMN! I'm so hare-brained!



I was deranged and began jumping up and down. And then I realised that I had acted like one loony guy craving for sushi and puking them at Lindsay's new boobs. D and I settled down at the huge rocks, placing all our stuffs there and started to take out all the neccesary equipements for fishing.



I began tying the strings to the hooks, ensuring that they are not loose. I'll be such a loser if the fishes ate my bait and swim away.



'SUCKER! Are you THAT BAD at fishing?! You can't even get me and I got free food FROM YOU! Give me MORE!'



*Snaps* Definitely not! I'm not going to embarass myself in front of D. I've got to catch a fish or two to prove that I'm worthy. Afterward, we were ready. Oh, we didn't have any fishing rods with us. Basically, we were using the simple technic. Just swing the strings high up and throw it into the air. And you will be speculating how far it will go. Silly eh?



I took a step forward and waited. I wont wait for more than a minute; I'm the impatient type of person. But each time I retrieved back the hook, my bait was gone. FAILED! ONE BIG X STAMPED ON MY HEAD.



I paused, and then leaned my body forwad. My left foot moved ahead just in time to keep myself from toppling, then my right took a step to compensate, and I was walking a few step forward.



D: Careful dear...



Me: What? I can't hear you!!! (I was far away from D who sat on the waterbreaker.)



D: Careful honey...



Me: WHAT?!! SPEAK LOUDER!



D: OI! YOU DEAF OR WHAT! I SAID BE CAREFUL LAH! OH FORGET IT! JUST FALL INTO THE WATER! (Just kidding. D didn't say that if not I will definitely punch D. No No. Kidding again. *winks*)



Me: Okay dear, i heard you.



I kept my head down and my legs moving in a determined stride until I reached the firm margin of tightly packed sand just above the tide line, and then advanced a few more tiny steps forward. The first few five steps were easy, the waves foaming around my ankles, then shins.



And then I threw the bait into the water again.



D: Honey, I think the hook is too big, you will not possibly hook the smaller fishes. And we should have brought along fishing rods instead of using the strings ONLY.



I felt dumb.



I moved back to dry area. Oh forget it, I won't be able to catch any fish. TRUE enough, I DIDN'T. SIGH!



D: Oh... don't be sad. (pecked a soft kiss on my cheek.) We'll try again another day but of course, we have to get the smaller hooks.



I smiled and kissed D at the lips.



You've brightened my day! Afterward, we had our dinner at a PRATA shop! Will blog more about that later! The pratas there are absolutely mouth-watering.



Signing off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment