Ads

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

The Bus Passenger, The Misunderstanding, THE TWIST And Me



Frustration clouded my vision. I waited for almost twenty-five freaking minutes for BUS NUMBER 961...I waited and waited and waited and realised that everyone else who were at the bus-stop had boarded their buses. And there was me, standing alone, perspiring. The scorching sun burnt me, barbequed me! I need air-con IMMEDIATELY!



Finally, the bus came...but it was crowded. Damn! Well, at least now its more cooler. I scanned the bus if there were any available seats for me. Nope..None...*Sigh* But afterward, people started alighting at Farrer Road and there! - I spotted a seat right under my nose. I walked briskly to the seat, not wanting to let people have the mindset of me being a 'KIASU' Singaporean.



'Oh look! That guy over there is rushing to get a seat...So KIASU!'



I sat down, sinking my butt into the comfy chair. Ahhh! It was so heavenly with the cold air blowing at me. And then the bus became crowded again. An old lady with her grandson boarded the bus and they were frantically looking for a seat. I scanned around but, nope, no seats for them. I sympathised them but fortunately, there was a kind-hearted lady who offered her grandson a seat.



'Awwww...' That's so sweet of her. But the poor old lady was still standing. Should I give up my seat to her? Of course I should give up my seat to her! What was I thinking?!



And then..



*poof*



'Hisss...Hey there..'



I was like, 'Ah? What? Whose that?' I was looking around but nobody was talking to me.



'Over here..'



What? I turned to my left and suddenly...















I saw my EVIL TWIN..



'Oh not you again! What are you doing here?' I asked, rolling my eyes. The other time he tried to tie an old granny to a tree.. NAKED! And everyone blamed me instead my EVIL TWIN for that! How despicable he could be!



'You better get out of here or you will be sorry!' I said angrily. "Get out of here now!'



My evil twin SLAPPED me, 'Get a hold of yourself will ya? You look so moronic...'



I stared at him furiously!



And then he hypnotised me...



'You see that lady, taking a nap... over there, two rows in front of you...' he said. 'Do you see her?'



I said in a slow manner, Noooooooooooooooooooooo...



My evil twin SLAPPED me again!



'Look carefully lah! You cork-eye or what?' he shouted.



Yes......I seeeee her....Am I suppose....to shake her boobs....?



'Oh for hell sake, just shut up for a moment!' my evil twin screamed.



And then he started whispering to my ears.... And *poof* he was gone and I was back to my normal self. What was that all about?



I saw the lady, taking a nap or pretending to be asleep...I can't be certain. And that the seat next to her was absolutely empty! That's so selfish of her for not moving in and giving her seats to the elderly ESPECIALLY to the old lady who was standing and frantically finding a seat for herself.



The old lady told her grandson to sit there and not to move about while she get to the empty seat next to the MORONIC lady who was 'sound asleep'. She walked to the seat but stopped and seconds later, she turned back and stand went back to the spot where she was standing previously.



I assumed that the old lady was waiting for the lady to WAKE UP and offer her the seat next to her but instead she still pretended to sleep and with no choice, the old lady had to backed away or she will be embarrassed in front of everyone in the bus.



My anger was building up and at that very moment, I just wanted to get up from my seat and approached the lady, and give her a piece of my mind. 'HEY BITCH, GET UP FROM YOUR SEAT AND LET THAT POOR OLD LADY SIT INSTEAD!!' But no I tried to remain calm and compose.



Luckily, there was this teenage girl who offered the old lady her seat. I felt alittle less angry and more composed now. BUT however I felt that the lady who was pretending to sleep was very rude.



Time ticked by so quickly..and then the MORONIC lady finally got up from her seat but wait....













She carried a small child from the seat next to hers... ???????????????????????



Oh I see..



I finally realised that...















*Flashback* The old lady stopped because she suddenly saw a small kid sitting at the empty seat which she assumed that it was empty. So did I. Thus, the old lady had to turn back. I also realised that the MORONIC lady...oh shouldn't call her that anymore...was really sleeping as her eyes were red and tired.



I felt guilty...



Oh that EVIL TWIN OF MINE!



He must have brainwashed me into hating that lady! He won! I lose!



Finally I reached my destination...



Signing Off,

Shah Rizal Isaac



BE DARING!



No comments:

Post a Comment