Ads

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Dissociative identity disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment.

The diagnosis requires that at least two personalities routinely take control of the individual's behavior with an associated memory loss that goes beyond normal forgetfulness; in addition, symptoms cannot be the temporary effects of drug use or a general medical condition.

Sometimes I can't remember what I do for that split second. And the next thing I know I am in a different mood.

Maybe I am thinking too much.

Someone commented to me, " You have a split personality..."

I do not have, I replied.

"Yes you do. Your name is Shah Rizal but then you also have another name Issac Ritz. You have two names because you have two personalities."

"Shah Rizal is the good side of you and Issac Ritz is your alter ego."

"Shah Rizal loves black hair while Issac Ritz loves to dye his hair..."

Someone who likes classical won't like rap songs.

Someone who likes pop do not like new age songs.

Someone who is scared of water do not say I love to swim...

Someone who loves to interact with customers doesn't really fear public speaking.

Someone who aced his examinations doesn't talk bimbotically.

Someone who is afraid of height doesn't say he wants to ride the roller coaster.

Someone who hates tofu doesn't really abruptly likes tofu and eats them.

Now you're happy , the next second you're grumpy.

"If you don't believe me, record down your daily activities and tell me you don't switch personality easily?" she said.

I kept on telling myself that I may have split personalities but I was just joking.

But after hearing from not one but two of my friends commenting that my personalities change instantly, scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment