Ads

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Not 1, Not 2 But 3 Angels To My Rescue

My legs were aching, my body was breaking. My wallet had not much money left. It was 1.38 in the morning and I was walking aimlessly at Holland Drive. All hopes to get home early was tarnished.

I had to take off my shoes as my feet were painful and blisters were forming. i was walking on the pavement.

Abruptly, I saw the headlights of a car beamed right at me. A car slowed down and the window was rolled down. There I saw a couple. The lady asked, "Hey are you alright? You seemed to be limping and walking at this very dark street alone. Are you okay?"

I kept quiet for a while, then replied, "I am fine, I just live nearby. My feet; painful but its okay."

She nodded her head and drove off with her husband or boyfriend.

Then minutes lady, another car stopped and asked the same thing. I was really desperate to go home but I don't want to be that desperate to hitch a ride form a complete stranger. I gave it a pass and she drove off.

I was already walking for one hour.

This time I told myself, if anyone stopped by again, I will shamelessly accept the invitation.

Just when I lost hope, another car stopped, this time it was a guy. "Hey, are you okay? Why are you walking all alone here? Do you need a ride?"

I, of course, hesitated. I mean, come on, he was a complete stranger.

"Did something happened?" he asked.

I kept quiet.

"I can give you a ride. It won't trouble me at all. I see no buses and you seemed to be limping."

I stopped walking and looked at him. He seemed to be my age or maybe slightly older by a year or two. "I'm fine!"

"Come on, you can fool others but not me! You're injured there! Let me help you.

After hesitations, I finally hopped onto his car.

"Where do you live?" he asked.

"Jurong west street **."

"That's 2 streets away from my house!" he said in excitement.

He agreed to sent me home, asked a few questions but didn't probe further as I was looking rather gloomy!

When there's downfall, get back up immediately and get back on track before you fall again.

I thanked him.

"Will I see you again?" he asked shyly.

I gave him my blog address.

Thanks Andre Wong!

No comments:

Post a Comment