Ads

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Second Day; Pulau Ubin

Looking out at the calm, turquoise-colored water on a beautiful sunny day, I took out my camera and photographed the beautiful scenery. The cool water splashed on me while I was putting my head out of the boat's window.

Because of the tranquil conditions, I hadn't noticed the current was slowly rocking the boat we were on. By the time I realizes what was happening, a series of high waves came crashing in. What moments earlier had been a serene and pleasurable situation had now become a matter of life and death.

Okay, I'm kidding. It's too exaggerating. Everything was perfect.


Isn't it beautiful?

My dearest took photos of the jetty. It wasn't a long journey to Pulau Ubin. And it was my dearest first time to be on the boat to Pulau Ubin and need I to say, my dearest first time to Pulau Ubin!

The first shot was unclear. It was taken by me!

Look how perfect the second shot was and it was taken by my dearest.





Lovely~!

Mention the city of Singapore and immediately images of a sky-scraped city with bustling crowdsshoving their way through the shops along Orchard Road are conjured up. But there is another side toSingapore that most people seem to have overlooked as we get caught up in the frenzy ofmodern life. As we advance into the new millennium of technology and progress, and get alittle closer to the life of "The Jetsons", now is an opportune and appropriate moment to take a stepback and look at what life was like yesterday.

Ah! We've reached!


Pulau Ubin appears to be a little of an anomaly in modern Singapore and in fact, most of theinhabitants of Pulau Ubin have left for the rat race in the city. The main occupants that remain in thishilly island are now mostly fishermen or subsistence farmers.



The many boats and the fishermen.


My dearest did not waste any opportunity to take beautiful photos.

Welcome to Pulau Ubin!

I rushed straight to the drink stall the moment I reached the small island.

Can anyone tell me what this sign means?

We really need a map of the island. I'm not good with my sense of directions.




We cycled for almost two hours plus. And my dearest switched on his mp3player with many songs that I like, Pussycat Dolls - buttons, Jolin's latest song and Ayumi Hamasaki - Blue Bird.

A time to unwind ourselves.


A close up!

These were the bicycles we rode the entire island.


And I'm really amazed by the scarecrow. What's it doing here? Seriously, I did not see them there the last time I visited Pulau Ubin.




It was a long tiring day. We left Pulau Ubin with great memories! It was already 5 and the next destination we were heading to was back to our Changi holiday flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment