Ads

Monday, May 8, 2006

The Journey; Brunei

Trainings were tough. the exercises were exhausting me, draining my energy completely. The first four days were catered for administration, so it was still on the relaxing pace. Afterwards, things started to move fast.

There was no time to stop, or to take a breather.

As days passed, I was missing home and the people I care.

While doing my river crossing, I met with a mishap. I fell and slipped and hit onto a protruding tree branch. My abdomen was bruised. Afraid that there might be internal bleeding and that it hurt so much, I was sent to the medical center immediately.

The pain was so unbearable that I cried.

Everyone there were concerned, asking what had happened but with the pain, I could not even reply to them.

The medical officer jabbed me with painkiller on my upper arm and then was carried to the sickbay by a stretcher.

My platoon commander and sergeant were so concerned that they visited me quite a few times.

And that was the time when I did some reflections of my myself. Two days in the sickbay; ample of time for me to straighten my thoughts.

I have so many things to do when I get back to Singapore. So many things.

The last day was our R and R. Simply said, it was our rest day. We toured around Brunei. I shopped a few stuffs for my family, close ones and a few of my blog readers.

The clothes there are plain. The shops selling perfumes, jewelries, clothes were limited. As I sat in the bus, a sudden surge of sadness came rushing to me.

Looking those people on the road, wearing tattered shirt and pants, really breaks my heart. I realized how lucky we Singaporeans are.

No comments:

Post a Comment