Ads

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Chronicles of Life

I think I've died too many times. I mean I have not really die before. It's the feeling of death that was inflicted to me. Muahaha!

No one today can avoid asking the question: What is the meaning of life?

We look for it everywhere: In books, in sports, in love, in sex, in drugs, and in fame and fortune. We compare ourselves to others and find it doesn't matter how high we climb among our peers. We collect material assets and always want more. We may even climb spiritual ladders without finding the answer, because we are asking the wrong question.

So the meaning of life becomes: How do we get in that game?

For the unbeliever, it can start with a simple, honest prayer: "God, if you are there, please help me. I don't know what to believe. I'm not happy with my life and the things I've achieved. Please help me have the faith to start walking with you."

As we lift up our circumstances - good and bad - to God in prayer, we will find things improving. Some problems God will simply take away from us - anxieties about things we cannot control, desires for things we should not want (addictions) are good examples. Some things God will send back for us to work on - broken relationships where we are partly at fault, missions God has given us that we have tried to ignore. Some things God will fix - healing sickness, removing evil influences from our lives, redirecting us away from situations we thought we would never resolve.

The more we listen to God, the better we will know His voice. We can get plenty of practice by reading scripture and paying special attention to those passages we don't understand - or don't like. These passages offer huge signposts to the areas of our lives that are not in accordance with God's will.

Today, marks the new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment