Ads

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Fishing Catastrophe

Yesterday, I met up with Dallas and Ashton at Rivervale Plaza and proceeded to Buangkok Green to buy our fishing equipments and baits. We had lunch before making our way to Punggol End.

I was impressed with Dallas who caught one small fish on his first attempt. I caught about four small fishes. As it was scorching hot and there were no shelters, we decided to change our fishing location to Punggol Park where there were seats, shelters and a nearby shop to buy food.

There were no fishes at all there or should I say we had not strategically fished at the location where there are many fishes.

I became lethargic by the hours and decided to take a short rest. Without realizing Dalla's handphone was somewhere near, I sat down and accidentally sent his handphone flying into the pond.

(Pictures courtesy of Ashton)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Of course I had to go down and retrieve it back after several attempts of netting it did not work. I felt so disgusted and dirty. The yellow water was about my shoulder length. Everybody was looking and cheering me on.

An Indian man jumped in and helped too. In the end, the Indian man found it. I was flabbergasted as I was in there for more than fifteen minutes but the man only spent three minutes and he found the handphone.

My tee shirt, shorts and brief were soaked with the dirty water. I shivered. Ashton went home to get me new clothes.

Afterward, we packed and went for dinner.

Signing off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment