Ads

Thursday, July 31, 2014

You will Feel at Home at Flee Away Cafe

It wasn't that difficult to locate Flee Away Cafe. I alighted at Little India station and it was like a 8 minutes walk to the cafe. If you're really lost, use your GPS!



The furnitures were mixed and matched with some retro, some old-school and some modern elements. It is a fun and cute little cafe and very cosy.






Love the caption. Quirky!


There are boxes where you can rent and display your products. It's somewhat similar to Peek-a-Box, Toy Outpost and Box Boss but the products they're selling at Flee Away Cafe are mostly vintage from what I can see.



They placed condiments and ice water on the old school TV Cabinet. Vintage TV! I am so loving this place!




OMG, vintage! totally vintage! I think I still have this sewing machine but it's kept in my storeroom!








Flee Away Cafe does not serve pork/lard and there is no GST or Service Charge.

Kiwi Mojito Lemon. It's really refreshing. The best part is when you eat the corn beef and the laksa on the dough and then you drink the Kiwi Mojito Lemon again. The taste of the drink will almost be completely different.





I love the dry laksa le char kuey the most. At first I thought it was like LAKSA. But this dry laksa is on a dough. It has chunks of fish cake and eggs doused with a laksa sauce. I will definitely come back to Flee Away Cafe and order this again on my next visit!


Heavenly!



The beef hash pie tee was one of Darryl's and my favorite! It is corned beef inside a pie tee shell.  The pie tee shells were crunchy. Perfect combo. The corned beef - savoury. 



Chicken Bak Kwa with crunched cracker and wasabi mayo wrap. I love how they put wasabi mayo and chicken bak kwa together. I thought it would be spicy but I was wrong. Mouth-watering. Crunchy.









Irish Cream Mud Pie.

Oh god, I wanted more of this. No liqueur but the taste was still phenomenal. Melts in your mouth.





We had the Hazelnut Cinnamon Soya Milk. To be honest, I am not really a cinnamon person. I don't like any food or drinks containing cinnamon. BUT trying the hazelnut cinnamon Soya milk, it was unique and it has a nice blend to the drink.


Merlion biscuits for your coffee during their NSEW promotion leading to National Day.




I LOVE THIS WOMAN TO BITS. Her name is CAT. She's friendly, attentive and ENTERTAINING. She will make you feel like you're at your own home!

And she will do her rounds every 3 - 5 minutes to check on her customers. Excellent customer service.




Overall, a nice, cosy, refreshing cafe, retrolicious with a modern twist cafe serving fusion food, traditions with a twist. Flee away is very innovative in their menu. 

Food: 4 / 5
Service: 5 / 5
Ambiance: 4.5 / 5


70 Dunlop St, 209398
6341 7843

 Opens Tuesday to Thursday, 11am to 9pm; Friday to Saturday, 11am to 11pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm
Call 6341-7843 for reservations