Ads

Thursday, July 10, 2014

An Entrepreneur and Freelance Model

The other other I was in Kuala Lumpur and I had the chance of meeting Reboiy T who is an entrepreneur and a freelance model and also a public figure.


I really admire him for being able to do so many things at one go. A model. An Entrepreneur. A public figure.


It is not really that easy to become a model. If you imagine that being a model means showing up for a couple of hours of photo shooting then going home to watch TV for a whole week, you are deeply mistaken. 


Reboiy T: "Being a model also takes hard work, it's only different than a "regular" job. You have to keep that body in shape, so you will spend hours and hours every day at the gym. You should learn to pose, act and walk as the client wants you to, and you need to practice. You need to be a professional and deliver EXACTLY what the client is looking for, with minimal time lost."

Reboiy T: "You may be required to go on tours, or travel from one city to another; ideally, your calendar should be full with bookings, and in between you will travel extensively. This means less time with family and friends, more time on the road, early flights and late night check-ins at hotels. And continue the work-out, and watching your diet. When people count on you to show up, you can't get sick, can't have a bad day and stay in bed all day."


Apart from being a freelance model, he is also an entrepreneur. He is in financial investments; Forex and International Tradings.

Real entrepreneurs have characteristics that others of us don't have. They can take an idea, convert that idea into a product or service that a certain part of the population needs, and create a business around that product or service. 


Reboiy T: "Understanding your financial goals; knowing when you will need to use your money, and what you will be using it for. Then laying out a plan of action with specific steps you need to take to achieve those goals. To give good advice a financial planner, also called a financial advisor, must gather personal and financial data about you. So my job isn't about all play."


He has the looks, the height and the body. Does he fall short of any suitors? And is he open about his sexuality?

No, Reboiy T doesn't fall short of suitors. Everyday there are definitely more than 10 people, let it be guys or gals, wanting to ask him out.

Reboiy T: "I like guys. But that doesn't stop me from dating girls too. I have 8 ex girlfriends before. My life is like an open book. I like people to know more about me. Don't be afraid. If you see me on the streets, approach me, say hi to me, take photos with me."


With Reboiy T and photographer, Kenneth Yap.


Unfortunately I didn't had much time with him as he had to fly off to his next destination. But clearly, Reboiy T is really approachable and capable.

I am glad to have met him though it was just a 20 minutes meet up. Hope to see you soon, Reboiy T!