Ads

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Tooth Operation

Monday was the day I had my stitches took out from the extracted part by the dentist. Scared I was but soon I realize it was not painful at all. In fact, I laughed my head off.

Yes, some of you may ask why I needed to go for tooth operation which I mentioned in my earlier entry. Some were concerned and I truly appreciate and thank you for your blessings.

The previous night, I had a terrible toothache. Unbearable it was. It has been more than thirteen years since I visited a dentist and I promised myself not to even step into one.

But I was left with no choice. Because of the pain, I could not sleep at all. I curse myself for not taking proper care of my teeth.

When everyone was going to work and to school, there I was waiting for my turn in the clinic. Fear engulfed me and for a moment, I nearly cried.

And then it was my turn.

I went into the room and was immediately greeted by the dentist who was wearing a mouth mask. I was then asked to sit on the chair and waited for his next instruction.

I was then asked to gargle my mouth and proceeded to lie down seconds later. He took his neccesary equipments and began to work with my aching tooth.

...

...

...

Oh, I nearly forgot.

Before he can even pull my tooth out, he injected anesthetic into my gum and minutes later, my mouth felt numb.

I opened my mouth wide and had to stay in that particular position for more than fifteen minutes.

My visions became blurry but still manage to see the doctor shaking his head indicating that the tooth was too hard to be pull out.

An operation was needed to remove the tooth successfully. Without hesitation, my mum agreed to it and had to pay two hundred dollars to just get one of my teeth out.

The dentist took some kind of a 'driller' and break my tooth into half since it was impossible to even take the whole tooth out.

Minutes passed and finally the tooth was broken into two. I heard the door creaked opened and there his assistant walk in.

Worried he was when he saw bruises on his assistant's eyes and nose.

Assistant: I was rushing and then - the next thing I know hor - ...

...


...


...

BAM!

Startled I was when I heard her sudden loud voice. Enraged I was when I realize the dentist had completely ignored me.

I got out from the chair and grabbed the needles and poked the dentist's wobbly ass.

He screamed in pain and turned to me. Still not satisfied, I poked him several times at his big thighs.

Abruptly he collapsed to the floor and died.

How tragic it was but fortunately, it did not happen. It was all part of my imagination.

The assistant took a small pipe and stuffed it into my left side of mouth. Apparently, it was to suck out all my saliva.

The dentist then with all his might pulled out the smaller part. No pain was felt but I could see and feel that he was using force to pull it out.

And so this also happen to my bigger part of the aching tooth. An hour passed and finally, the operation ended.

He stitched the opening and asked me to gargle my mouth with water for the last time to wash away the blood.

Then, he placed a cotton gauge over the wounded area and instructed me to do so till the gum stopped bleeding.

I thought it would only bled for a while but I was so wrong. It was only at night, the bleeding stopped.

So I'd learnt a valuable lesson - take proper care of my teeth.

Signing Off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment