Ads

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Buffet @ Holiday Inn (Window on the Park)

Upon arriving, we were immediately received by a service staff.  As we have called in for a booking a day before, we were seated right away.  However, they were not really good seats.  As may dinner date tells it, it appears that the seats were just placed at the last moment to accommodate dining guests.  I was a bit disappointed as we have called in a reservation and I was actually expecting to get a good table, and not one that is flushed against a wall.



Albert, Darryl and I were famished!

We need food!

The usual salad greens with the usual dressings.  For the prepared salads, they had quite a few interesting ones I have never tried before.  The cold chicken salad is quite nice.  I usually like sour foods so the vinaigrette dressing on this one really did it for me.  

There was coleslaw and a cold pasta salad which I didn't try.  There was also salmon salad.  The salmon fillets in this one have been pan fried, so it's actually cooked through, and not the smoked kind which I have hoped for. I also liked that one. 









I am a big fan of seafood. Be it fish, crab, prawn, squid, mussel, I love them all.  And I was quite happy, at least they have fresh plump prawns on their lunch spread.

Although they had very little selection for sushi, the standard ones are present - tuna and salmon sashimi.  And of all the maki options, it's a plus that they had our favorite - California Maki.  Which we find quite impressive.  The rice is packed tightly, and there's a big chunk of crab meat right at the centre.  



























Window On The Park offers a unique experience of preparing your own food.  They have a Rojak station and a Laksa Station.  

I will give 4 stars for their service.

Service: We were immediately received and seated since I have called in a booking a day before.  Water was also served.  Empty plates were cleared off the table promptly.  I also noticed that the chefs were attentive on checking if food was always available in the buffet line.  We used Deal.com.sg vouchers for our meal.  Upon checking out, they accepted the vouchers with no questions asked, just an invitation to visit again to try their dinner buffet.  A friendly service staff is always a plus at any food establishment.


I will give 3 stars for their ambiance.

Dining area had a cozy decor.  But at the time we went to dine, some tables seem to be out of place and flushed against the wall.  I am not sure if they would normally have the table they had us seated.  I can't really recall if they had any music playing then because the dining area was too noisy.  The room's acoustic was bad so all you'll hear is a collective sound of chit-chat, and utensils touching the plates.  If this is the same case as the dinner service, then it might not be too conducive for a date since you can hardly hear yourself think.

I will give 3 stars for their food.

The spread was not impressive but should be enough for a dinner meal.


Window on the Park
11 Cavenagh Road,
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
Tel: +65 6733 8333
Opening Hours: 6am – 11pm (Daily)