Ads

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bari-Uma (Homemade Ramen Noodles)

Last few weeks, I was invited to a tasting at Ramen Bari-Uma, another Japanese chain to set up shop in Singapore. Hailing from Hiroshima, Ramen Bari-Uma’s Singapore branch is located at United Square!

The moment I enter, I felt like as if I was in Japan!























Chashu-uma; Pork flavored shoyu soup. Thick-cut flamed chashu! YUMMY. YUMMY. YUMMY! Very authentic!





Kara-Uma Ramen @ S$14.90

Tonkotsu broth (pork-flavoured soup) with chili & thick-cut Aburi (seared) Chashu

The Kara-Uma Ramen was spicy but whoever loves spicy should take this ramen! I love the spices and chili which blends well with the tasty Tonkotsu broth.



Aburi-Salmon; flamed Salmon.

Everyone knows I love salmon alot. And I mean ALOT! So I am very critical when it comes to tasting one of my favorite food.

I must say the Aburi-Salmon WERE DELICIOUS. I recommend you guys to order this when you visit Bari-Uma!


Yakitori Combo with Tare Sauce @ S$14.80 (5 sticks)

Negima (chicken thigh & leek), Tori-niku (chicken thigh),
Sunazuri (chicken gizzard), Sasami (chicken breast) & Butabara (pork belly)


The Yakitori Combo features a stick each from the 5 different types of skewered meat. I tried the Butabara (pork belly). Though I generally prefer grilled meats to be seasoned only with salt (shio) and pepper, I have to say that Bari-Uma has a delicioius Tare Sauce that is not too sweet. This is worth a try if you love grilled meats.








With the wonderful and dedicated boss of Bari-Uma!




  • Ambience: 4 / 5
  • Food: 4.1 / 5
  • Service: 4.3 / 5

  • Visit Them at 

  • 101 Thomson Road B1-08 United Square
  • Singapore, Singapore 307591