Ads

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween

As self-explanatory as it can be, HOW WAS YOUR HALLOWEEN GUYS?! It was certainly quite a 'happening' weekend for most of us dressing up in varied costumes posing as our favourite characters in movies, sci-fi, some other celebs or just plainly anything that screams Lady Gaga.

So while dancing the night away - probably with a load of alcohol literally streaming and coursing through your bloody veins - did you notice what your neighbour wore? Honestly I'd dare say Singaporeans (or our lovely foreign talents) are getting increasingly creative. I mean, how on earth are you supposed to even see with a black mask covering your entire face?! There was a sea of nuns, the typical vamps, some cleopatra wannabes that totally failed like big time in carrying the outfits off, and not forgetting some hell/devil costumes that are, to me, quite unsightly, considering the amount of paint that goes onto your skin. Sadly for me, I didn't get to don my dream outfit as Van Helsing (with a twist of modern class) this year, but hey, ceteris paribus, won't there always be a next year to drag?

What then, you might ask, have our celebrities, the people who are the so-called leading examples in fashion and entertainment, been wearing all this time? Let's take a good look at them for some devouring inspiration.

Heidi Klum - okay this totally changes my perception of the Victoria Secret model,  but hey, look she's wearing heels! Nice job keeping your hair down girl!


Kim Kardashian - Now this, is absolutely fabulous. She might just actually beat Uma Thurman if she were to star in some remake of the Batman movie back in the 90s as Le Poison Ivy.

Beyonce - as bumblebee? Come on woman...For someone who advocates your 'girl power' and all that crap, don't you think this is a little old school and more importantly, SAFE? Who you trying to please now?!

Fergie - Credits to your ginormous pink bear. Dainty and slutty, just the way Will.I.Am likes it ;) 

Gwen Stefani - Cinderalla, oh Cinderella, what the fuck are you carrying?! Some rotten bag you got from the cottage? Your fairy godmother should be sacked from fairy tales itself. Nice dress though.

Liv Tyler & Martha Stewart - I wonder who turned who into stone.

Kate Beckinsale - I think you're better of as the vampire slayer in Van Helsing. Seriously sister, little red riding hood is just not you.

Roberto Cavalli - As your competitor Karl Lagerfeld? Is this some marketing strategy or something?

Christina Aguilera with her then husband - Now I think I understand the divorce. 

Now how's that for some fabulousity during Halloween? I think Halloween should be held in conjunction with events like Milan Fashion Week. I mean, don't you think it's an occasion where you can really wear whatever you want without being afraid of being judged - although I just did some people - and be who you always wanted to be for like I don't know, your entire pathetic childhood?

Stay fabulous people, stay young, stay fresh and of course, stay amortal.