Ads

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Orphan

In his review, Roger Ebert said, "You want a good horror film about a child from hell, you got one. Do not, under any circumstances, take children to see it." I completely agree with everything he said in his review.

The trailer to begin with was fantastic. I was really anticipating this movie and I never thought the ending would be that way.



Possessed was the first thing that came into my mind. Evil mother was the next. But all my guesses for the ending was wrong.

It was completely twisted!

In Orphan, the little girl (Esther) is so bad. 'Naughty' doesn't even able to describe how bad she really is. She's a devil: a type of child that you, as a mother, want to crush immediately into pieces.

Isabelle Fuhrman does excellent job as a devil-possessed like girl with extremely worrying mental problem that begins to kill everyone one by one. Vera Farmiga, Peter Sarsgaard and the rest of the family also did very good job acting as a family that was broken down by this demonic little girl.

Orphan is a total pleasant to watch... or disturbing? The amount of blood resulted by the child's act is truly unbelievable.

I swear the ending will leave your jaw opened awhile!

You've got to watch it yourselves. Orphan will leave you with goosebumps after you leave the cinema.

I give this movie 5 stars but I don't understand why those patrons did not really like watching this movie.

When I got out of the cinema with Eric, I heard their comments and they didn't really give good comments.

I beg to differ!

I love the movie!