Ads

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The French Lady Who Lost Her Wallet

Yesterday was quite an uneventful day for a french lady who was actually flying off to Paris on the same day. She was from Phuket and Singapore was her short pitstop.

She went to Chinatown and then to Clarke Quay and then to the Central Mall. She was about to purchase a blouse from Celeste when she realized she had lost her wallet.

I was in another shop when I heard Shan screaming, "Oh no!"

So I rushed over and realized what had happened.

I came to the french lady's aid.

I brought her to the customer service and told them the incident. But all they could do was to asked her to fill in her particulars and the items that she had lost.

Then I decided to ask her to go to all the shops she went to just now. I followed her.

Every shop on every floor; we covered.

Then we headed to the control station at Clarke Quay and asked the officer to help her.


I was all the way speaking on her behalf.

"She doesnt have much time! She is leaving Singapore at 11 and she has to be at Changi Airport at 7." I said.

"We will try our best.." they said.

I saw them putting in their best effort to call the other few stations but to no avail.

"Do you have money to travel to Changi Airport?" I asked.

She took out 2 green standard tickets and I deposited for her and she got two dollars back. Two dollars not enough. So I told her to follow me back to the third floor office. I didn't tell her what for should she follow me.

Then I took my wallet and gave her 10 dollars and told her that if ever they found her wallet, I will keep till she comes back to Singapore again.

She hugged me and kissed me on my cheeks and said thank you.

I told her to get going and off she went.

Today at work, I saw a familiar and there she was. Silvi came back. She's the one in the middle. She told me her flight was delayed but she will return to Paris tonight.

She returned me my 10 dollars.

We took photos.

Nice knowing you Silvi! Do keep in contact via email.

No comments:

Post a Comment