Ads

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Hysterically Yours

Obviously the most annoying thing in the entire world and all of existance is annoying and whiny people.

I've always hated people who lie or mislead you. I don't mean little white lies, I mean big lies, like members of the media or teachers or parents or anyone else who lies to people from a position of authority, so that children and young people, or anybody else for that matter, feel that the liar is automatically telling the truth because of their position of authority. People like this are why nobody in this country knows anything. There are so many different people lying from positions of authority that it's almost impossible to find the truth.

Other liars that I find annoying are posers, vagrants who lie to you about why they want money from you and people who try to act tough. Anyone that lies to themself is pretty bad, too. I also have a problem with pseudo-non-conformists. These are the people who act like they're cool and rebellious and fighting the system and societal stereotypes, yet their actually a part of the very same stereotypes they claim to fight.

Stupid people get on my nerves, too. Not all stupid people, but the type of people who choose to remain stupid and those who celebrate their stupidity. Obviously, I hate people who state the obvious. And people who whine about not being able to set the clock on their VCR. These things have been around a long time now, people, figure it out!

Despite the fact that I am mildly lazy myself, lazy people make me angry. You see the thing is that I'm not that lazy. I may be a little bit lazy, but not on a grand scale, like anyone who uses the phrase "That's not my job" or "That's not in my position description."

Shut your lazy mouth and just do the fucking work, OK! And people who take an elevator to go less than three floors and they aren't disabled or injured. Or when you ask someone for the time and they show you they're watch instead, like they can't actually read the thing. This is especially lazy if it's a digital. And then you have the ultimate in laziness, couch potatoes - anyone who schedules their whole life around what's on television or gets upset when they miss a show.

When people are purposely rude to me, I have no problem with smacking them upside the head. I don't do it, but I sure as hell think about it. If it were legal, I'd probably actually do it. For instance, people who call who try to talk to you while you are obviously watching something on television or listening to your favorite song.

If I ignore what you say at first, it probably means that I'm interested in whatever it is that you're interrupting. It also bugs me when people stop in the middle of a hallway or right outside an exit to talk to someone and block everyone else from moving. Memo to all the rude people out there: If you are in a heavy traffic area and want to stop and talk to a friend, step off to the side and do not block the way!

Then you get to the really bad people in the world. Not the worst people, like rapists, molesters and murderers, but the people who cause the breakdown of civility and freedom. The chief notion amongst these people is their own importance. People love to think that they are more important than others. Most of them aren't.

People who are cynical, judgmental, prudish or pretentious are just plain self-important. They have somehow convinced themselves that the only right opinion is their own opinion and they are going to do their best to push their ideas on you. If you think you know how the world works, great, keep it to yourself unless someone asks you. Anyone who thinks that they are always right is almost always wrong.

The world works differently for different people and what is right for one person is wrong for another. The key is to let people live their own lives and don't fuck with them.

Selfish people are an extension of these self-important people. Whiners, rich kids, retired people who have bumper stickers that say "Spending My Grandchildren's Inheritance," people who can only do things their own way, greedy people, criminals and people who take things for granted are all pretty selfish and are in large part causing many of the biggest problems that plague us today. These are the same people who always cut in front of you in line or cut you off when you're driving.

Just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment