Ads

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Fieldcamp Trip (5 Days 6 Nights)

Seriously, it sucks! I did not bath for those 5 days! It's unhygenic. All we had was to powder bath ourselves.

I had a few rigorous trainings that were really energy-draining especially when I was doing the leopard crawl on the mud for a 200- 300 meter distance.

And to route march from the start point to the campsite was really a killer. Carrying a fieldpack on my shoulder which weighs more than 5 K.G is a big deal. My shoulder hurts alot!

For the first four days, we had to build somewhat like a tent but smaller and sleep in it with another recruit. Squeezy it was, but we were left with no choice.

But during the fieldcamp trip, I'd learnt alot of things.

To endure. To have a never give up attitude.

The second last day, we were asked to dig an individual shellscrape which was 1 meter deep. It took me 6 hours to complete the digging. 6 freaking long hours!

Then, I had to dig a firetrench which was 1.6meters deep and 2.5meters wide. But of course, we had to dig the firetrench in section level.

And the most ironic part was we were completely defeated by a section which only consist of 4 people compared to a section with 8 people. They dug really fast. Or maybe they knew some good techniques of digging which we did not know of.

It was really a test of our endurance. We kept on pushing one another not to surrender readily.

The firetrench was completed at 3a.m.

Thankfully,the following day was actually a rest day for us. Elated I was upon hearing the good news.

On the last day, I threw a live grenade. Like everyone else, I was tantalized with fear.

What if the grenade slipped from my hands? What if there was a blind? What if I had pulled out the safety pin too fast?

"I'm here. You don't have to worry about a single thing. I will ensure your safety," assured the Officer.

Relieved I was.

At 6 in the evening, I left Pulau Tekong.

Though it's been tough but it's also memorable.

Signing Off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment