Ads

Friday, May 23, 2014

Taiwan Peanut Ice Cream Roll. "Taiwan's Ice Cream Popiah"

I must say I am loving the Taiwan Peanut Ice Cream Roll. The other time when I was in Taiwan, it was so hard for me to get my hands on this Taiwan peanut ice cream roll. It was only when I was at Jiufen, I saw them selling the "Taiwan's Ice Cream Popiah".

But this time round, there was one at Ximending. Immediately I ordered two of those delicious popiahs!


Peanut brittle shavings + ice cream + cilantro + spring roll wrapper = deliciousness

Who would have ever thought to come up with shaving a huge block of peanut brittle, sticking it inside a thin crepe-like wrap with pineapple, taro and peanut ice cream, and then sprinkling it with cilantro? But guess what, it actually works and after eating it I kept thinking about it for days.