Ads

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ocean Blue Restaurant at Kenting

Ocean Blue Restaurant (above photo from their website)
English Friendly Rating: 5/5, Their website and menu are in both English and Chinese. Also, there are a lot of pictures within the menu.
If you ever explore Kenting Main Street during the day when it’s not crowded, you’ll notice that there are a lot of restaurants that specialize or serve authentic Thai food. Since Kenting is located by the ocean, there is an abundance of fresh seafood here, which is the main ingredient for authentic Thai cuisine.



The walls are painted with scenes of the blue ocean and it feels like you are looking out on the sea no matter where you sit. This theme is a bit unexpected when compared to the other restaurants on this street. Ocean Blue Restaurant succeeds in bringing out the local culture and beauty of Kenting, which sets a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy your meal in. 










The food definitely brought out the authentic Thai taste and style!














It was my second visit to Ocean Blue and I am very happy that they still recognized me. Ok, probably because I am on their facebook! And I am also very excited to know that they follow me on facebook and my blog.



Ocean Blue Restaurant serves high quality Asian food, especially Thai food, at a relatively affordable price, considering that this restaurant is located in the most heavily populated tourist area in Kenting. At about 200-250 per entree, the authenticity of the food and the soothing atmosphere of the restaurant really makes your meal here a bang for the buck. I really enjoyed my experience here and I would highly recommend this restaurant.