Ads

Monday, December 30, 2013

(Food Tasting): IndoChili Restaurant

From the winner of Food Republic Hawker King Challenge and one of the rare restaurants rated 4-5 out of 5 by 8 Days Magazine, Java Kitchen Group presents :

IndoChili - the latest urban oasis of food for your soul!

At IndoChili, you will be introduced to Indonesian cuisine’s rich heritage with a variety of foods that are selected from few traditions, such as Javanese, Balinese, and Padangnese.




At IndoChili, they are pleased to introduce you to Indonesian cuisine's rich heritage. Orchestrated from traditional Indonesian recipes and infused by fresh spices,they believe their food is an exquisite offering that will not only satisfy your palate but also redeem your sense of taste.

They hope you find delights in the variety of menu that they have selected for you and discover your dining experience at IndoChili to be a pleasant immersion into their heritage while enjoying cherished moments with your loved ones.






Indochilli is a nice, cosy little restaurant nestled unassumingly along Zion Road, right opposite Great World City. The location is a little confounding given the parking accessibility and human traffic rate; the row of shop houses at Zion Road sits facing a busy main road, so it is unlikely that there will be random patrons walking by unless they are specifically headed towards the area or dropping off there.






What I liked about the setting of Indochilli was its simple and traditional decor with both outdoor and indoor seating, certainly a nice place to chill and dine in. The food was your traditional styled Indonesian recipes, no fancy new exotic creations or anything, and that was what I liked about the food. The traditional styled recipes meant the focus was on the simple, rich flavours of herbs and spices which I love.






We had Honey Citron Tea ($5) and Jus Alpukat ($6.8). I think I am addicted to Avocado drinks! The Jus Alpukat was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!


The Cah Kangkung ($8.80); crunchy and delicious. I don't like greens. So for me to comment that this KangKung is tasty is like very, very rare.



The Rendang Sapi ($9.8) was totally my favorite. I love RENDANG. AND I LOVE MUTTON AND BEEF. This is one of the dishes you should and must order when you're there. It's tender and juicy.





Nasi Tembel ($11.8): Here's another favourite which I'm sure those of you who have visited Indonesia would have seen being offered everywhere from restaurants to even road-side stalls.


It comes with banana leaf-wrapped white rice, ayam goreng (complete with kremes!), veggies (cucumber and tomato), a piece of salted fish (solid Indon touch!), tahu and tempeh plus a side of fiery sambal to complete this hearty dish.


The fried chicken was the bomb! Especially with the kremes (crunchy fried crumbs) which again bring back memories of eating in Jakarta and Bandung. This dish was really a one-stop for those of you looking something filling and satisfying.





Sate Ayam Madura - 5pieces ($7.8). Many of my friends know I love to eat satays and this is definitely of the the best satay I've ever had.


Soft tender chicken is going to make you go back for the next stick and the peanut sate gravy is actually really really delicious. It adds just the right touch to go with the chicken sate which was been grilled to perfection.




I love, love, love Es Teler ($6.80). It's made up of young coconut, avocado, jackfruit and condense milk. Love the sweetness.









I thoroughly enjoyed my meals at Indochili. I want to thank Maoyuan (I'm sorry if I spelt your name wrongly) for introducing us the foods at IndoChili Restaurant. I also want to thank IndoChili Restaurant for hosting us! It was really an enjoyable experience!

IndoChili

54 Zion Road

www.indochili.com
www.facebook.com/IndoChili 
Tel: 6445 1766 / 8168 4958

Operating Hours: 
11.30am til 10.30pm Daily