Ads

Monday, April 30, 2012

Star Awards 2012 Show 2: Tay Ping Hui First Win For Best Actor

Tay Ping Hui won for his portrayal of a lovable ruffian in the drama "Bountiful Blessings".

"I'm glad that the judges were able to see the emotions behind the comedy. Xie Dong Hai (his character in 'Bountiful Blessings') is a big change for me.

"I put in a lot of effort," said Tay, who was also conferred the All Time Favourite Artiste award that evening, for winning the Top 10 Most Popular Male Artistes Award ten times over the years.

"I'm a little bit surprised because I always thought that Ge Ping and Christopher were pretty good. "

"I think it goes to show that if you keep on grinding, keep on working hard ... don't give up and don't lose heart, eventually you'll get what you want.

"I don't like to lose, so at least now I can say 'I win already 
lor!'" Tay said with a wry grin.