Ads

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

8 Months Ago; Hospitalized - The Story

8 months ago...

After a fun-filled celebration with Eric and friends, I headed home and slept quite well.

The next day when I was heading for work, I had an out-of-body experience. It was like my soul left my body for that mere second and I could see myself.

I felt not quite right at that moment.

Then in the late evening I had the same out of body experience again.

Scary it was.

I knew something was not right already.

I never had these experiences before.

Okay maybe once.

Then on the 17th May at night, I felt strange. Despite feeling strange, I went to sleep.

18th morning, I woke up with a surging pain at my right abdomen or maybe lower. I rolled around my bed, moaning in pain while pressing against my stomach hoping the pain would go away.

I rushed out of my bed and went to the toilet thinking it was just a normal stomachache or food poisoning.

Then I remembered if I had food poisoning or diarrhea, the pain would have come from my left side of my body instead of the right.

Something was very wrong.

I shouted for my mum which was busy watching tv.

She rushed in and asked me what happened.

I told her about the pain but she dismissed it as a normal stomachache.

I told her it was different from a normal stomachache. It was even greater.

Send me to a doctor please...

She rushed me to the clinic and there I was moaning in pain. The level of pain grew by the minute. It became too unbearable.

Was I going to die?

My mum asked the nurse to send me in immediately.

And the nurse did.

The doctor examined and said, "Send him to the hospital immediately."

My mum asked why and the doctor replied that my appendix had inflamed and it was about to BURST.

Any delay and I would have died.

"Can't you give my son medicines instead?" she asked.

Do you want your son to die?!

I was rushed to the hospital.

As soon as I reached there, the nurses wheeled me in and jabbed me with morphine.

I was in pain.

Was I going to die?

An hour later, Joanne and Eric arrived. My mum and dad were already there; worried.

I had to be operated.

Fear engulfed me.

I had to bear the pain for at least 2 hours before I was wheeled to the operating theathre.

I looked at the doctor with my watery eyes.

The doctors asked me questions before I was wheeled in.

Nervous I was.

Then it was time. I was put to sleep.

Hours passed. I woke up.

Blood. Lots of blood.

Oh the terror!

Everything was alright.

It was morning. The doctor came and told me it was his second time to see such an inflamed appendix.

I couldn't eat for days.

Then it was time for me to go home.

I rested for at least a week at home, being pampered by my mum and dad and joanne and eric.

On the seventh day, I woke up and vomitted.

I felt an out of body experience again.

Something was not right.

Minutes after I vomitted, my entire right part of my body was paralysed. I couldn't even move.

My dad called the ambulance.

I cried in pain. I shouted like a mad guy.

The pain was unbearable.

They told me to move myself to the stretcher. But I couldn't even move my left part of my body.

They carried me to the stretcher instead.

There I was at the hospital again.

Morphine again.

And there I went to my ward again.

But this time it was more serious.

I had kidney stone.

The only option to have the kidney stone removed was to insert a tube into my penis, making a passageway through my bladder so that the kidney stone can flow out of my body when I passed urine.

I had to drink lots of water in order to break and flushed the kidney stone out of my body.

Three days later, I started to vomit again. This time the vomitus was green in color.

Was I going to die?

My mum cried but she told me to be strong.

I had to do a X-ray.

They discovered that I had an infection on the right side of my body which was actually the cause for my right part of the bodyh to be paralysed.

The infection was so near to my intestines.

I had to go operations after operations.

The entire ordeal lasted for 2 weeks. 2 painful weeks.

I told myself not to neglect my health anymore.

It was a painful experience I had to go through.