Ads

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

6 Months Ago; Goodbye Grandma

6 months ago...

I was recovering day by day.

I didn't have any out of body experience anymore. But this time, I dreamt of my grandma. I dreamt that she left me.

She ran fast. I was amused.

Grandma, where are you going to?

Please don't leave.

She did not respond to me. Instead she strated to jump around.

I freaked out and that was when I abruptly woke up.

I felt strange. I felt as if something bad was going to happen to my grandma.

I dismissed the feelings of mine and went on with my aily routine.

Then the day came.

I was on off.

It was early morning, I woke up to get a glass of water. Then I proceeded to sleep in my sister's room because there was air-con.

My grandma was sleeping alone.

Often I would sleep on my bed and my grandma on the matress.

Then aroumd 3 in the afternoon, my mum shouted for me.

I rushed into my room and saw my grandma seated on the cold hard floor.

My grandma was talking incoherently.

Something was wrong.

I believed my grandma fell but she wouldn't admit to it.

We tended to her every night for three days.

But her condition worsened.

It was time.

It was time for us to send her to the hospital.

The doctor told us that she had fractured her hips and that her right intestine had burst for a very long time.

I knew my grandma's mortality rate was decreasing.

And then the time came.

Immediately after work, I rushed to the hospital. My mum called and said my grandma couldn't last any longer.

That was the last time I saw her. Okay, technically, the last time I talked to her.

I miss you grandma...