Ads

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Good Talk

I want a good talk with my mum but i just don't know how to make her understand me.

Maybe I will summarize everything. I know she's reading my blog and if she doesn't, my sister does, and if you do sis, let her read those in bold.

Firstly, I am not a kid anymore. I know how to take care of myself. Concern is great but if you start to interfere, it is not good.

What I mean by interefering is,

Example: Do not open my letters or else I will have them send to another mailing address.

You can ask things I did for the day but do not ask me to elaborate.

Example: If a company which I already told you was MOM called me to inform that my salary from the previous company will be in, take it as that and DON'T try to do all those unneccessary things by calling them back because it just make me think that you don't believe whatever I just said.

I am not a small kid anymore. I am not a primary school student or a secondary school students. I don't need the guidance now. I had enough guidance and I have grown up.

I wan't to learn things by myself. I want to be independent.

I want people who are supportive of me.

I love everyone. I love my friends. I love my family and I love my other half. You have to be and support whatever decisions I make or else I can't set the next pace.

I don't like to rebel but sometimes when things get out of hand, rebeling seems to be the best choice. Because only when that happens, you will understand the situation better.

Let me give another example and this is for everyone.

Its nearing New Year or Christmas and all your friends mailed greeting cards to your home. And when you reached home, you found out that all of your envelopes have been torn opened and all the letters read.

Its an intrusion of privacy.

It would be nice if all the envelopes are still sealed and not read and if you are curious of what those letters are, ask.

ASK.

All you need to do is ask and not tear the the envelopes open!

Another example;

I went home one day from work, went to my sister room to get a comb and I saw an envelope with her name on it. So I presume that the letter was addressed to her but she left it lying around in her room.

I know it is her privacy so I didn't even bother tearing the envelope open.

Minutes later, I saw my dad entering her room and tearing the envelope open.

Dad, what are you doing?

It is her letter. It is not yours.

Although my sister didn't say anything, I felt the pinch for her.

This is not an entry against anyone, not against my mum or dad or just anyone.

This is an entry of clarifications. By writing these down, it seems to everyone that my parents aren't that good at all but no, they are the best parents I have ever had.

All you need to do now, mum, dad, give us, give me abit more privacy.