Ads

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Experiences

When I grow older, I become more mature. I know, I'm 23. Would anyone care?

Would you go for experiences or popularity or can you go for both?

Once I saw a story that depicts about a certain company that has to close a major deal. Every department were trying their best to seal the deal but they just couldn't get people to buy the wines from them.

So one is the outcast department and the other is the sales department. Anyway, for your info, these two departments are all-girls teams.

The story goes like;

The sales department ladies cold-call and met up with the guys, and the guys fell for their looks and befriended them.

While the girls from the outcast department didn't want to cold call. In any case, why they were the outcast department because they only handle minor things like clearing up the stores and that they don't have the looks.

But one thing they have were friends.

So when the company was faced with the major problem. The sales department team try to pursuade all the new befriended guys to buy the wines from them. But the guys shun away from them. They only wanted to hook up with them.

The outcast department team told their friends about the problem but the team didn't really want their friends to help them.

But on the very last day. All their friends came and bought the wines.

You don't have to neccesarily have alot of new friends knowing that they are with you just because of popularity or looks and in the end when you needed help, nobody will help you.

You have to have friends who appreaciates who you are and those who will help you in the end.

Having 10 friends who are only knowing you who don't help you at the very end make up to having no friends at all comparing to having 1 friend who can help you with anything and everything.

I've gone through that.

When I was younger, I have so many friends. But when I think back, when I have problems, none came to help me.

Now, I have friends and a significant other. I don't want many friends. I just want those who are willing to share my burden and woes together as much as I want to share my happiness with them.

I'm analysing and have figured out who are my friends.

P/S: I have a few friends who have helped me along the way. I have a few friends who have been my listening year. And I am proud to have a significant other who is very giving, and understanding to me.

P/S/S: The friend whom kept me sane all these while, the friend whom always listens to my problem and the friend whom always gaev advices to me is none other than Jaishree. We have been friends for five years and counting.