Ads

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dodging The Bullet

I was late for my guard duty. Afraid I was as for I was already serving the guard duty as my punishment and yet I was late for it.

I knew the sergeant would add more punishments since I was late.

Why must I do the guard duty?

Because I made a mistake during one of my trainings. I take back what I've said. Actually, I cheated.

Yes, you heard me.

Before my passing out parade, we had to do a 24km route march with SBO, weapon and fieldpack on. It's not an easy thing to do.

After the inspection of our fieldpacks, a few of my platoon-mates decided to take out a few of the fieldpack items to lessen the weight of the bag.

I wanted to do the same. I hesistated. I did not wnat to get into any form of trouble but in the end, I was swayed to the dark side.

Throughout the journey, I felt guilt-ridden.

When we marched back to camp, fear engulfed me upon hearing that the Encik wanted to inspect our fieldpacks again.

I knew I was in trouble.

And so, I received my punishment and that was to do guard duty on a Saturday. My plans were cancelled and I regretted it.

Before I booked out a few hours ago, I was called into the office to find the duty sergeant.

Because there were reasons for me for being late, I dodged the bullet and was set free.

Signing Off,
Shah Rizal Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment