Ads

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Conversation between my friend and I on the topic about love and relationship.

Conversation between my friend and I on the topic about love and relationship.

A: I think to be in a relationship or to fall in love is to having found your other half.

Me: OK, let me ask you a question. Which is better? To receive a basket with two complete apples or two halves of an apple?

A: Two complete apples.

Me: Think of it this way. The basket is you forming a union with another person and we call that basket love. Two complete apples fell into that basket and none require each other to compensate for what they lack. Ultimately, you have two useful apples. 

What about the other scenario? Can you join the two halves into one? Will it still be considered a one complete apple?


A: I guess not. But it may fit.

Me: Assuming it does fit, will it fall apart eventually?

A: Yes. What about glueing the apples?

Me: Do you consider love something that bind two persons by force or is love simply boundary with freedom?

A: A boundary with freedom.

Me: Then to love another person, we have to be complete. To be complete, we have to accept our own flaws, limitations, advantage, and prowess. If the other can't accept your bad side, you're only half an apple which is bound to fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment