Ads

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Christina Aguilera Welcomes Britney Spears to Judging World


"I came up with Britney. Mickey Mouse Club, we were very close. Our paths have always crossed and they continue to cross. I welcome her to this family of fun and entertainment and finding new talent," Aguilera said. "I don't know what she's going to offer specifically, but I know she's a pro and she's going to give, I think, great advice."

The field of singing-competition pop stars will become even more crowded in January, when Mariah Carey joins Fox's "American Idol," with another judge yet to be named.

"I welcome these very talented women," Aguilera said. "You know this business, especially in my genre of pop, (people) pit us against one another and women against women and this and that. I'm not down for that. At this point in my life, I have no patience for it. So, I'm like, come in, the more the merrier."