Ads

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Let's lead a fulfilling 2016

So I've slowly came to realise the impact of how "postponing" can be more harmful than "canceling"
In fact I knew it all along and I would think I've managed my time pretty well, which also explains why when I meet people who don't, they really get on my nerves.
Friends might say, "you are always so busy, when can we ever get to meet you?"
Well, at least you always get a definite answer from me and 95% of the time, you will see me there. For the 5% that I couldn't make it, I'd reschedule/postpone once and make sure I don't do it again. 
I also don't do "let's see how" and I usually just say no or "go ahead without me" if I can't make it or I'm not sure if I can make it or not.

Time is precious and time is sacred. Time is one thing that we are all given fairly regardless of how rich or poor. 
24 hours a day, every human gets the same. Never replaced when it's gone.

So when someone postpones or cancels on me more than once, I lose faith in this person. When the reason/excuse is because "I'm very busy, I've got no time" they lose me even more. Cause are you implying I'm any less busy than you? And is my time any less important as compared to your time?
If you can't make it, apologise and reschedule with the intention to fulfil the promise. If you don't want to meet, just apologise and say no. When has saying no become so tough?!
Lets learn how to respect each other and respect the value of time more in this new year. To a fulfilling 2016 ahead.
smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment